Senior Cloud Engineer (AWS) – Ultra Modern – Multi €Billion Ecommerce Company (Munich)
We are currently recruiting for a global leader in the Ecommerce sector, who is headquartered in Munich and is currently searching for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join their Core AWS Team. The business is flourishing more than ever before, they had over €2 billion turnovers last year and are on target to hit €2.65 Billion in 2022.
They were one of the earliest companies to embrace the cloud in their sector and are many years ahead of the rest of the market. By 2016 they had migrated to a full Microservice architecture running on AWS. Now they have a multi-cloud, multi-tenant cloud platform using AWS (IAM, SCP, SSO, SecurityHub, GuardDuty, etc), Azure, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and many more of the latest cloud technologies.
They currently have over 350 accounts and will be scaling many aspects of their environment. They are looking for someone with strong experience configuring various services in AWS and has good experience with automation & IAC (Terraform using Python). Their current budget for AWS is over €4 Million and they would be adding the modern features to help them perform at the most optimal level.
• You are passionate about modern technologies in the field of Cloud Engineering
• You have a university degree in a relevant field or have a proven track record in Cloud Engineering.
• You already have at least 3 years of Cloud Engineering experience
• You gained wide experience working with the AWS cloud provider and services such as IAM, SCPs, SSO, AWS Config, SecurityHub, GuardDuty, and others
• You have experience in automation and configuration management, best practices, and tools
• You possess development skills, ideally with Python/Typescript/Go and Bash
• You have a general understanding of Network Infrastructure basics such as DNS, DHCP, Firewalling, and Load Balancing.
• You have experience working with Docker or Kubernetes
• You have experience working with event-driven architectures, data streaming, and REST APIs
• You are familiar with the DevOps toolbox git, docker, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, and others
• You speak fluent English
What they offer in return:
• Highly motivated and friendly teams from over 50 nationalities
• Office located in central Munich with excellent public transport links
• Flexible working hours and healthy work-life balance with 30 vacation days
• State-of-the-art equipment and mobile phones
• Continuous development through internal and external training programs
• Free fitness memberships and schemes
• Employee discount for all company shops
• Company pension scheme
• Regular company events (technical meet-ups, hackathons, and social events)
If this position sounds interesting to you, do not hesitate to apply and one of our consultants will be in touch to arrange the next steps.
If you would like further information, please contact Ukantha on Ukantha@next-ventures.com