Senior Big Data Architect
Looking for a Senior Big Data Architect based in Europe
Full remote position from Europe
6 to 12 weeks renewable project
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with the client teams to deliver the solutions for Data sourcing, ingesting into cloud based Data lakes and making the curated Data assets available for consumption.
- Leading the teams to develop and implement the detailed solution and guide the teams in successful operation of Data jobs production
- Co-ordinate and lead the onsite, nearshore and offshore teams for delivery of technical solution
- Build relationships and credibility with clients to drive “Self service” approach to own the end to end data engineering responsibility
- Work with Application architects to propose/ develop business case and collaterals for Transformational Initiatives
- Define solution vision and direction building on synergies and benefits across the technologies and solution teams
- Envision a transformation roadmap that aligns with the strategic and tactical direction of the client
- Drive the translation of complex business initiatives into innovative business-technology solutions and ensure consistency across traditional solution boundaries
- Provide architectural consultation to key clients in defining or designing technology journeys for Data engineering
- Research, identify and internally market enabling technologies based on client requirements assisting clients through their journey from ideation to execution creating win-win solution
- Work with Solution teams and Product Owners to understand inefficiencies in clients’ existing processes and applications and recommend solutions
- Foster an innovative culture within the team
- Understand the client’s requirements, pain points and arrive at a customized solution
- Collaborate with technology groups and other alliances to bring best practices on various technologies and tools
- Participate in partner forums and evangelizing technology capabilities.
What experience are we looking for?
- 8 to 12 years of experience in software development/Data Engineering and minimum 6+ years of experience in Big Data engineering / Architect
- Design and implement Cloudera Hadoop based big data solutions, including leadership role in design to develop shared/reusable components
- Experience in Hadoop Technologies – HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, H-base, Cloudera manager
- Hands on experience in at-least one of the programming languages – Python (preferred), Java, Scala along with non-procedural language such as SQL.
- Experience in implementing performance optimization techniques in HQL, Spark applications, Python, Scala and Sqoop jobs
- Experience working with large data sets in distributed computing to perform Massive parallel processing which Contributes to build analytics pipeline at Cloud System.
- Good working knowledge of Pig Scripting, Oozie workflow and HBASE.
- Define and develop client specific best practices around data management within a Hadoop environment.
- Work with functional team/ Frameworks team to understand requirements and translate them to technical specifications.
- Cloudera certified
- Experience in Linux/Unix shell scripting.
- Should be a thought leader and also a good team player.
- Experience with data science and machine learning is a plus.
Please send me your CV at email@example.com or contact me at + 33 1 82 88 42 63