The “release train engineer” is managing the Sprint (preparation and execution) of a specific Release Train.
Within the Release Train, he/she plays a role of Scrum Master towards the different scrum teams.
This is your opportunity to steer the whole process & delivery from development to production. You will operate within the core of the company : driving the B2B and B2C business (from contracting to cash).
This is your chance to guide and coach your colleagues, to learn, to grow, to improve their way of working. You empower your team, you deliver products & services.
Thanks to your honnest & open communication and your awesome organisation skills you’re a change champion and a real goal getter.
You will be in the heart of highly emerging market, where effective and efficient delivery is key to help realizing key strategic business initiatives. We are operating in a highly integrated landscape , organized around multiple release trains. Our teams (both business and IT) consists out of a mix of onshore, nearshore & offshore team members.
Your tasks where you will excel In
- Collaborates closely with the other Release train engineer (focus on Intake) for a smooth hand-over from ‘intake’ to ‘delivery’.
- Drives sprint planning and execution based on the confirmed sprint capacity
- Accountable for the delivery of the committed back log
- Ensure that the Configuration and Development, Business Review and testing is executed for each US within the committed sprints.
- Takes a leading role in the daily coordination
- Accountable for E2E Testing (preparation and execution)and regression testing, having a test coordinator executing the work
- Support the cut-over and business sanity check
- Organizes and tracks scrum rituals
- Resolve impediments, mitigates risks, resolves bottlenecks and drives improvements to ensure velocity of teams and quality of delivery
- Close collaboration with Environment Manager and Release Manager for solid release planning & execution
- Report KPI’s: testing progress (SAT, E2E) and defect density during sprint execution
- Supports the Team/Scrum Leads in their activities
Your undoubtable great skills
- You have Agile skills/experience
- Organizing things comes easily to you thanks to your planning and facilitator skills
- Your autonomous and a strong team worker. You will be the accelerator within our challenging context.
- You’re a strong influencer and communicator
- Positive thinker
- Nothing is too big or too hard thanks to your entrepreneurial attitude
- And of course you are a great listener and an analytic champion
And the practicalities
- To work full time in all Offices, main location will be Brussels
- Starting immediately
- Period : 6 months
Languages: English + Dutch or French