Principal Engineer Enterprise Data and Analytics
Senior Data Architect – Netherlands – 6-12 month contract
- Extremely strong communication skills: able to communicate technical decisions clearly to different stakeholders, including non-technical stakeholders.
- Able to articulate pros and cons between different architectural decisions.
- Able to lead the teams on their technical decisions on a daily basis.
- Extensive hands-on experience with creating and maintaining production pipelines.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Eager to learn.
- Able to self-manage and prioritize different workloads.
- Strong collaborator and team player .
- Self-starter, energetic, optimistic. Maintains focus in a changeable environment.
- Deal with complexity, able to filter out 'noise' to identify important tasks and deliverables.
- Pragmatic, delivery focused. Can make value judgements, where to cut 'fat', where to hold firm.
- Ability to develop and manage all aspects of data analytics solutions, with a focus on technical architecture and dependencies, but also including plans, business stakeholders, schedule and resourcing, tools, and the engineering method.
- Ability to develop or revise the solution approach as new data and business requirements arise.
- Use of automation to assure data quality. Has experience of using KPIs and other metrics to build and keep stakeholder confidence.
- Strong technical knowledge of data warehouses, data lakes, SQL, NoSQL, APIs and data analytics tools.
Technologies: AWS, S3, Hive, Kafka, Snowflake, PySpark, Git, Terraform, data visualization tools (e.g.: Domo and Tableau).