NV are urgently looking for a Payroll manager with Oracle experience for a new long term contract role
To manage the Client’s payroll service, ensuring that each stage of the payroll process is properly carried out, that all staff are paid correctly, and on time in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. To ensure that correct payments are made and appropriate information provided to our pension schemes, HMRC and other statutory and pension scheme bodies.
To provide advice on all payroll matters. This includes the provision of specialist advice and support on complex issues, either personally or through others.
To ensure the Client is fully aware of changes in relevant legislation and regulations and that they are implemented in an efficient and timely way, either by directly changing procedures or reporting the need for change to senior management.
To enforce payroll policies within the payroll service and acorss the organisation, ensuring appropriate control measures are in place, and managing relationships with Senior Leaders, Operational Managers and employees.
Responsibility: The post holder is responsible for the management of the payroll system through which over £100m p.a is paid, and for managing technically complex relationships with HMRC and other government and/or regulatory bodies.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
1. Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the client.
2. Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
3. Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources.
4. Ensure that the client’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
5. To establish and develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Internal Audit, external auditors and HMRC, representing the Client in person or in correspondence with statutory or non-statutory bodies or legal proceedings as required.
6. To undertake research including identifying examples of established best practice in other authorities and organisations and taking account of current and planned protocols and processes and make recommendations to senior management to enhance the payroll service, which adhere to professional standards.
7. To be the Client’s lead advisor on all matters relating to payroll, requiring expert and up to date knowledge.
8. To develop and promote effective and credible working relationships with Senior Managers, service users and external organisations.
9. Develop and implement policy, training manuals and guidance on Payroll procedures and issues as required.
10. Responsible for the control environment in the payroll function;
a. ensuring all payroll processing procedures are documented and updated as necessary,
b. systems of control which provide assurance against risk of fraud.
c. maintaining and updating the Payroll Risk Register.
d. implementation of any formal Internal Audit recommendations.
e. ensure that appropriate management information on the performance of the payroll service is produced to the required standard and on time.
f. Support the reconciliation of payroll system to the general ledger.
11. Provide advice to management on maintenance and improvement to the Payroll IT system.
12. Maintain emergency procedure protocol in the event of system failure.
13. Plan and take responsibility for implementation of all necessary year end processes relating to Payroll.
14. Responsible for maintenance and publication of an annual Payroll timetable.
15. Ensure the payroll service adhere to Client policies that require implementation through the payroll system, for example, staff loans and overpayment recovery.
16. To lead and represent the payroll service in HR, Oracle and other multi-disciplinary project teams and initiatives, working closely with colleagues to achieve integrated services.
17. Develop creative and innovative solutions to payroll processing and notification in line with the client’s paperless agenda and to enhance significantly the financial control environment within the payroll team.
18. To communicate and promote to the wider client the policies and guidance needed to ensure managers and staff provide the timely and accurate information that the payroll service requires.
19. Communicate and lead on deployment and training on new policies and legislation as they affect payroll.
20. Manage personal data securely and appropriately and to tackle non-compliance robustly. To ensure the Payroll service maintain strict confidentiality where required.
21. Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
22.Carry out duties with due regard to the Client’s Customer Care, Equal Opportunities,
Information Governance, Data Protection, Health and Safety and Emergency Planning &
Awareness (including to provide assistance where available) policies and procedures.
23. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this