Innovation & Quality Systems IT Project Manager
Next Ventures are currently executing a search for a skilled IT project manager for Innovation and Quality Systems
Location: Amsterdam or London
6 months contract
Star 1-2 weeks.
The position is part of the Information Technology Global Functions – IT Global Supply Chain team. As such, the role is responsible for delivering and deploying Global R&D, Food Safety Quality (FSQ) and Innovation technology solutions.
The position will be a partner to the respective business leaders and will understand their goals and strategies and build solution roadmaps to deliver against them, support business process definition, and manage projects and tools for these functions. The position will also interact with a number of cross-functional groups, e.g., Master Data, Manufacturing Quality, Commercialization or Analytics. For the next two years the candidate will have an opportunity to participate and shape the digital agenda and future-state of R&D and FSQ function specifically in the international zone.
- In a Project Manager role, manage initiatives to deliver the R&D, Food Safety Quality (FSQ) and Innovation vision for the enterprise.
- Lead members of cross functional teams including third party development partners to drive the delivery of new technical capabilities on time and on budget.
- Resource will be inherently comfortable leading through and with teams including third party partners, business analysts, project managers and project business team.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
- Lead and perform business problem definition and solution modelling with business and systems stakeholders.
- Works closely with business key users to translate business challenges into technical requirements.
- Responsible for working with vendors to drive estimation of work effort, timelines, and resource requirements.
- A hands-on IT Project manager, able to write functional specs, test cases, perform testing, etc.
- Ensures end user training and experience meets business requirements
- Support change management activities by assisting with developing of training materials, training scenarios, documentation, communication and change impacts.
- Dive deep into details of the applications to ensure quality, while understanding the big picture objectives of a given project.
- Lead the implementation of upgrades, new releases, and new functionalities of R&D, FSQ and Innovation systems, as needed.
- Candidate will be responsible for becoming an internal expert on the global R&D, FSQ and Innovation processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA or MS preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in a technical project management role in Information Systems / Information Technology or related functional area.
- Hands-on experience leading complex projects in the range of $500k to $1MM.
- Practice implementing cloud solutions is a plus.
- Experience managing vendors and consultants.
- Good problem solving/analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of the CPG industry is a plus.
- Self-Starter, driven with high business process acumen.
- Possess critical thinking skills, quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work across different business stakeholder and technical teams to accomplish complex tasks.
- Experience with .Net and custom applications a plus.
- Functional knowledge of or strong interest in product innovation to commercialization is a plus.
- Keen interest in technical solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, business analysis and quality assurance.
- Ongoing travel requirements range from 0-10% depending on current business settings.
More information is available on application .
CV in word format to Darren.Jacks@next-Ventures.com