For our client based in Germany (Stuttgart) and Czech Republic (Brno) I'm currently looking for x5 Functional Safety Engineer.
– Analyzes customer functional safety requirements. Negotiates them as needed with customers and works internally with our design teams to assure our understanding and ability to satisfy them.
– Develops preliminary Functional Safety Concepts for our customers to foster the development of Functional Safety Requirements. Lead internal and external discussions of Functional Safety Concepts.
– Works with design teams and lead the development of the Technical Safety Concepts for all our products, which include all the Technical Safety Requirements.
– Lead the analyses at the System level (FMEA, FMEA). Lead the Freedom From Interference analyses.
– Fosters and facilitates the culture of Functional Safety
– Support the Functional Safety Manager and Program Manager in development of Safety Plans and Safety Cases.
– 5+ years of experience in engineering which includes hardware development.
– Product launch experience
– Expertise in ISO 26262 with applicable experience and proven track recored.
– Experience with in-vehicle communication protocols (CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, FlexRay, Ethernet)
– Prior experience with requirements management
– Prior experience with high speed motors and/or powertrain applications.
– Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with hardware, software, and systems engineering
– Understanding of project management
– Strong communication and presentation skills
– Willingness to travel domestically and internationally. Ability to work in a global, virtual team environment.
– Strong fundamentals in electrical engineering.
– Understanding of Automotive standards: LV-123 / VDA-320 / Automotive high voltage standards and ISO 16750 / LV-124 Electrical component validation
Contract : Freelance (Candidate needs be in EU, NO SPONSORSHIP)
Start Date: ASAP
Conditions : Remote with occasional visits on site
Rate: Depending of experience