Next Ventures is currently looking for BPCS Consultant for a role based in Turin.
The main responsibilities and duties related to the BPCS Technical consultants are-
• Provide application support to BPCS (Business process and control system) related different
applications and modules based on business processes:- Order Creation, Purchase Order
Creation, Packing and Shipping, Billing, Service Job Administration, Service Product
Administration, Inventory, Accounts Payable & Receivables and Invoicing the End customer.
• Participate with client in meeting to get the new or change of business requirements from the
customer and new Implementations.
• Analyze the application to solve any issue and help client understand the current business
• In case any new/Change of business requirement, analyzing the business requirements and
do impact analysis in response to varying business requirements.
• As a part of feasibility of requirement, prepare High/Low level design document.
• Plan for Estimate effort & commit on schedule/Delivery date.
• Core BPCS Product Development using I-Series based tools and programming languages and if
required then also design interactive screens on BPCS files
• After development, Promote and distribute source code to various environments.
• Creating test strategy and test cases scenarios and prepare documents Unit test result, Code
Review checklist and Implementation Review Check List.
• Service Now for tracking on task (Project / Change Request/Tickets) status and store the
project related documents for easy tracking and auditing purposes.
• Update this tracking tool on each phase of development/Support.
• Participate with business users and help them for User acceptance Testing
• Provide service support for any Incidents via On Call L2 & L3 support and Job Monitoring
activity of main business cycles.
• Responsible for solving business user issues via tickets which are related to AS/400 & BPCS
• Provide guidance and knowledge to other team members on technical and functional tasks
via Knowledge Transfer sessions and technical forum discussion.
• Conducting Peer reviews and walks through sessions on the work of other team members to
provide better quality deliverables.
• Coordinating with other applications teams to ensure smooth business activity. If required,
contact with them.
• Help Client for some other Ad hoc activities like BPCS environment setup, Data Clean up and
archiving, Data and Object transfer across various AS400 boxes.
• Suggest and implements performance tuning across applications
• For any ad hoc request of application analysis, helped client for understanding business flow.
• For any production support issue, reply the halts after business impact analysis
• Along with do root cause analysis for job halts and provide the code fix for the problem.
• Ensure that all the quality processes are following up from start of requirement gathering till
final delivery of the product/services. And same times update the knowledge and project
repository with same.
• Provide both L1 & L2 level support for local Italy regions and other global regions as well
(EMEA, APAC, NA, SA, ANZ, INDIA).
• Knowledge of Italian & English Language will be added advantage
• Experience in ERP systems and interface development (re: BPCS, LX)
• Working knowledge of iSeries operations, 5+ years in programming in RPG/400, CL/400 and
working knowledge of ILE. Good knowledge of debugging RPG programs (interactive and
batch). Expert knowledge of database file concepts, SQL/400, Query/400 and joblog/dump
• Basic knowledge of MQ, queue setup and configuration.
• Experience in application design and implementation, distributed architecture and concepts,
data manipulation and analysis using a variety of concepts and design.
• Under general direction, able to independently work on moderately to complex projects.
Advanced understanding of full life cycle development.
• Ability to effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools, and methodology to
support the needs of the business.
Nice to have:
• Familiarity with EDI processes and architectures. Responsibilities may include setting up new
vendors in EDI (Gentran) and testing/troubleshooting of EDI services integrated with LX.
• Database and SQL design implementation
• Working experience of .NET and ERP system (re: BPCS/LX)
• Working experience in, and a solid understanding of object-oriented design and development
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
• Superior organization skills and multi-tasking skills
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• ITIL and/or APICS certification preferred
• Good knowledge on SDLC
Start date: Immediate
Location: Turin, Italy 100% on site
Duration: 3 months
Rate: € Negotiable per day
If you are available please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me direct on +44(0)7725951929. We will call you back TODAY to discuss further with a view to securing an interview as soon as possible.