Data Centre Engineer
Next Ventures are currently executing a search for a Data Centre engineer for an assignment in Oslo .
The ideal consultant will be based in Norway and hold or be able to qualify for security clearance as this is a requirement of our clients.
Data Centre Engineer
Location: Oslo, Norway
Employment Type: Contract
- Good Experience of Linux in an enterprise environment
- Good exposure to SQL DBA, Oracle Database, VMWare, Scripting, Configuration Management and Automation
Secondary Skills (one or more of the following would be beneficial Storage)
- Oracle/ Puppet/ Ansible/ Katello/ HSM/ Networks/ Solaris/ Windows
- HSM /PKI/CA/Puppet/Ansible/Configuration/Software/Hardware/Katello/Licensing/Nimbus/Redhat/Storage/Window/Patching/Compliance
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the day to day operations of our critical high secure services though with a focus on automating routines and working practices.
- Carry out performance-tuning operations on data center storage systems to ensure high level of data quality, availability, and security
- Collaborate with the departmental heads of an organization such as the sales and marketing managers to develop and implement strategies for improved data center operations.
- Evaluating, designing, and recommending choice network adapters, backup solutions, and network systems are also part of the data center engineer description.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
More information is available on application .
CV’s in work format pls .