Core Engineer – Digital API API Security/Microservices – SSDLC/Kubernetes/JAVA/Kotlin/Scala
Core Engineer – Digital API security – API Security/Microservices – SSDLC/Kubernetes/JAVA/Kotlin/Scala
Next Ventures seeks an experienced Core Engineer to join its London based team on a long term contract.
Do you have a passion for security? Do you understand different approaches to securing microservices? The Digital Services team want you; we are looking for an experienced Senior Developer to help implement a new authorization framework within the bank.
The Digital Services Core Engineering team provides products and services that strive to improve the efficiency of HSBC and drive the ongoing Digital Transformation agenda. Our goal is to help HSBC teams deliver cost-effective journeys securely.
As Core Engineers, we help define and demonstrate engineering best practices.
Our attention to detail needs to be excellent as should our ability to assess ‘the bigger picture’.
- Understanding and implementing all aspects of SSDLC.
- Contributing to authorisation discussions based on experience.
- Reviewing solutions for alignment with Digital Services goals and objectives
- Remaining cognizant of contemporary architectural and engineering approaches
- Advocating for and meeting high professional standards of development
- Approaching technical challenges with an open and collaborative mindset
- Supporting initiatives to improve client developer experiences and their efficiency
• Liaising with other lines of business and mainframe to deliver on common priorities
• Being responsible for the lifecycle of work on our Simplification Initiatives programme
• Developing solutions to facilitate the migration of our API estate to global Kubernetes strategic cloud platforms
Ideal / Desired Skillset
- Good written and oral communications skills are essential
- Proven ability to guide and mentor all members of a team
- Must be able to apply SOLID and other architectural principles to designs and code
- Must be able to articulate a clear understanding of event-driven architecture patterns
- Experience implementing event-based solutions is desirable
- A strong grasp of functional, non-blocking, asynchronous code or coroutines
- Proficiency with one or more object-oriented languages – must have Java
- Demonstrably polyglot; bonus if this is in JVM languages such as Kotlin or Scala
- Experience securing APIs at scale would be beneficial
- Experience using more than one approach to API security
• Deep knowledge of distributed service-oriented architecture, relational databases, micro-services
- Experience building high performance, highly available and scalable systems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully adopted by customers over extended time periods
- Ability to deliver short term results while investing in long term strategic solutions
- Ability to work at all levels of abstraction, from high level architecture, to design, down to low level details in specialist subject area(s).