As a Cloud Test Engineer, your role is to test and release functionality for the services in the IoT infrastructure with focus on the cloud. You have strong experience in DevOps environments, CI/CD, testing, QA, and you have experience working in various cloud environments and Google Cloud Platform in particular. You have working experience with agile software development practices.
This position is a great opportunity for those who wish to gain knowledge in IoT systems at the largest IoT company in the world and at the same time develop and share your experience in testing, integration, and releasing activities with peers. You work alongside our software development engineers on our lighting system on innovative solutions for our challenges in the IoT domain.
· Translate the functional and non-functional requirements of new IoT features into test requirements and test cases that are relevant for the Cloud.
· Test and integrate the software for new IoT functionality running in the cloud to enable new customer experiences.
· Implement a test automation framework into a CI/CD pipeline according to the DevOps principles and contribute to operating the service after release.
· Learn and make improvements on the existing IoT functionality based on data gathered from the field to further enhance the customer experience.
· Work with our suppliers and make sure that delivered software pleases our end-users.
· Propose changes to improve the performance and quality of the cloud test framework and its processes.
· Innovate on our development practices and processes, and coach others in this domain. Support solutions for our continuous integration / continuous delivery environment.
You are a highly self-steering professional with a passion for home automation and networking , able to challenge and steer peers to deliver reliable and quality software releases.
· Proven experience with verifying and validation complex cloud software products, yet with a drive to push engineers to keep their designs simple, robust, and elegant so verification and validation is simple.
· Proven experience with verifying and validating features in a continuous delivery environment with daily deliveries to production.
· Experience with connectivity, networking, and IoT including typical challenges seen “in the last mile”.
· Proper understanding of security concepts.
· Drive to work data-driven and make decisions accordingly.
· Experience working with agile development techniques (scrum, continuous integration and delivery, pair programming).
· Familiar with embedded development and able be to understand the challenges and concepts as you will be working closely with the embedded software teams.
· Creative mind with lots of curiosity and eagerness to learn.
· Good knowledge of English both written and verbal, excellent communication skills.
· The ambition to work with highly intelligent peers and business leaders in a vibrant, collaborative environment while developing the skills required to excel!Apply now