Cloud Solution Architect
Role: Cloud Solution Architect x10
Contract: 12 Months – Renewable
The mission of a Cloud Solution Architect is to work directly with application delivery teams in the business domains, gathering their business and technical requirements, dispatching their operational requests to the corresponding CCoE teams; designing the cloud native architecture for their solution; requesting and prioritizing new certified products and/or platform capabilities they need; helping them with the adoption and deployment of Azure certified products as Infrastructure as Code through release pipelines.
Cloud Solution Architect main responsibilities:
- Working with solution delivery teams to modernise their application according to the new solution architecture including design, implementation and testing of the changes to the application and dependent services (such as monitoring and logging, AuthN/Z, network integration and data structure design) . Specialisation acceptable across the team.
- Holding 1-to-1 meetings with the technical leads or project managers of customer DevOps teams to introduce them to the CCoE and the product catalog.
- Scheduling and holding the intake meetings with the technical members of the customer DevOps teams for gathering key information about goals, requirements and architecture details in order to identify existing or missing platform capabilities/certified products that must be provided by the CCoE.
- Designing and proposing cloud native solution architecture based on Workload requirements, Security Control and Service Management Frameworks and Microsoft recommended practices, Azure Reference Architectures and Microsoft Cloud Design Patterns
- Requesting and translating missing capabilities of Azure platform or certified products in the CCoE backlog, as well as ensuring that the use cases and requirements are accurate and complete.
- Making sure that the Azure certified products and platform capabilities are published according to the workload requirements, the Security Control Framework and the Service Management Controls, as well as they are available for all environments according to due dates planned by the workloads.
- Making sure that the DevOps teams can deploy Azure certified products in an autonomous manner as Infrastructure as Code through release pipelines.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or comparable education/experience)
- >5 years of professional experience.
- Technical knowledge and deep understanding of: Overall Azure Services, and ability to learn and understand new Azure Services; Azure Modern Apps; Architecting solutions; Cloud native solution designing; Cloud development patterns and recommended practices; Azure Application Development; Azure native cloud topology & patterns; Azure PaaS overall basic infrastructure; Azure Security and Operations
- Experience with: DevOps culture and principles; Agile methodologies (Lean/Kanban/Scrum); Azure DevOps experience: Build and Release pipelines (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) Backlog management, and Source Code Repository (Git); Development of Infrastructure as Code with ARM Templates, PowerShell and Azure Automation
- Experienced communicator both written & verbal
- Strong analytical & conceptual skills
- Ability to motivate others and readiness for close teamwork across multiple locations
If these are of interest please send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org