Chief Financial Officer
This position is responsible for all aspects of finance and is a key member of the senior leadership team. This includes strategic planning, risk management, financial forecasting & budgeting, portfolio planning and return on investment measurement and financial reporting both to the leadership team and to the office of the CEO. The CFO shares responsibility with the President for profit & loss management of the business unit. They will work to ensure appropriate accountability and transparency, with vigilant attention to management of risk, internal financial and operational controls as well as protection of assets. They will also work across the organization to ensure the financial performance of each BU is supported with robust measurement and analysis. In carrying out such responsibility they will need to ensure that decision making within each organization is supported with timely and accurate information. The CFO is responsible to ensure the Finance staff provides appropriate insights through analysis. This position will report to the President with a strong dotted line to the CFO. The position is based in Orange, California.
As a member of senior Finance leadership, the CFO role provides leadership in contributing to a data-driven culture by ensuring that business and financial information is accessible, timely, accurate and relevant to the decision-making process. They will be adept at using a variety of tools to carry out their responsibilities including operational and financial KPI’s, P&L models, pricing models and return on investment and product cost analyses.
- Collaborate with the team to achieve business and financial goals.
- Develops, coordinates, consolidates and presents both the strategic plan and annual consolidated budget to L1 team and Office of the Chief Executive Officer. Tracks performance and leads with countermeasures to close gaps.
- Utilizes historical sales information and other current market/business trends to validate and revise the monthly forecast from the regions, business units and operations with detailed explanation of variances to prior forecast, prior year and plan; again leading with countermeasures.
- Assess quality of forecasts through collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Operations, and Manufacturing with a focus on forecast accuracy.
- Key player supporting the M&A process along with the L1 team and corporate business development.
- Help business unit manage appropriate levels of inventory to support customer demand while limiting exposure to obsolescence
- Partner with Sales and Marketing Teams regarding pricing and customer programs to ensure competitive pricing and programs measuring performance to plan and profitability
- Lead all aspects of financial analysis of product portfolio and assess alternatives to improve profitability including evaluation of the manufacturing footprint.
- Provide timely and insightful information regarding product cost and help drive cost reduction priorities
- Evaluate relevance and efficiency of key performance indicators and metrics, ensure such key performance initiatives are reported in a timely and transparent manner
- Develop, prepare, deploy and communicate various standard and ad hoc analysis to both the L1 Team and the Corporate team.
- Develop and analyze business plans and models
- Analyze and approve capital expenditures
- Lead Finance team
- Maintain internal controls to ensure books and records are maintained in accordance with both USGAAP, SOX and Statutory rules and control of company assets.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Commercial focus
- Ability to lead with influence and coach current and rising leaders on best practices in financial discipline and strategy
- Ability to contribute to strategic business management and planning activities
- Hardworking, quick to understand the business, drive for continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to work across functional boundaries
- A track record of mobilizing a team to identify and implement operational improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Unquestionably high ethical standards and attention to reputational and compliance risks
- Lack of ego; team-first mentality
- Presence; ability to lead and manage project teams with a range of experience and skills
- Analyze complicated issues and boil down to the key points, develop action plans and bring to a successful conclusion
- Perseverance and consistency in pursuit of successful outcomes
- The ability to make tough decisions and act on them
- Never compromises ethics and integrity, will be nonpolitical in all dealings with agendas that are above board and transparent
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Post-graduate degree in Finance or Business desired
- 15+ years finance experience, preferably in medical device manufacturing or other highly regulated industry
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- At least seven to ten years of progressive experience in the following areas:
- 1. Financial Planning & Analysis
- 2. Budgeting & Forecasting
- 3. Mergers & Acquisitions
- 4. Continuous Improvement Methodologies
- 5. Public Company Operations
- 6. International/Global Manufacturing exposure and knowledge
If interested share you updated CV with email@example.com