Azure Data Platform Technical lead
Next Ventures are currently executing a search for an Azure Technical Lead for a new contract & project assignment in Brussels . The ideal consultant will be based in Brussels-(not essential) but would be prefered due to the clients requirement of an onsite presence in order to meet the needs and demands of the project.
This is an english speaking project .
Preference would be given to Brussels , Belgian or french or German based candidates due to travel restrictions due to Covid-19 .
Must have skills :
– Experience with at least one cloud.
– Proficiency-architect level on Microsoft SQL Server OR Azure Datawarehouse OR Azure Synapse is a must.
– Expert on building data models for performant reporting solutions.
– We put PowerBI also as a must, but could potentially live without it only IF the candidate is very strong on query tunning/ optimizations and building reporting solutions buildings on SQL Servers + willing to learn the PowerBI optimization part quickly.
Experience as a Data Platform technical lead / technical architect on Cloud solutions (Azure or GCP or AWS)
In the role of a technical architect, design, implement, operate Cloud Data Platform/DWS solutions in:
– Microsoft SQL Server
– Azure Datawarehouse
– Azure Synapse
Experience in design, implementation & operations of relational (non Cloud)) DWS on:
– MS SQL Server or Azure DW/Synapse
– Other (please specify)
Build data models for performant reporting solutions.
Experience with Master (or Reference) Data Management practices.
Experience with and design of interfaces such as APIs.
Experience with multidimensional modelling and/or Kimball data modelling.
Experience with ERD diagramming for conceptual/logical solution designs.
Experience in defining and writing Project Start Architecture documents.
ITIL working experience (change, release, incident, problem mtm, service request).
Expertise on ETL/ELT processes design, fine-tuning and productionisation.
The candidate has expert technical insights in/experience with:
Azure Data Lake (or AWS/GCP equivalent).
Azure Data Factory (or AWS/GCP equivalent).
Microsoft SQL Server and/or Azure DW and/or Azure Synapse.
Databricks (or equivalent).
Advanced level of T-SQL language.
MS Power BI: query tuning and optimization ing solutions' performance.
Experience in stakeholder management: technical, business up to executive levels
Not deterred by a hands-on mentality
Experience in working in a multicultural environment/international organization.
Requirements considered a plus
Design, implementation and operations of a Cloud Enterprise DWS from scratch.
Design, implementation and operations of a relational 'traditional' Enterprise DWS from scratch.
Experience with retail, marketing, supply chain or finance data processes and flows.
Experience with data science development lifecycles.
Candidate has any of these certifications:
– Azure Data Engineer (or AWS/GCP equivalent)
– Azure administrator (or AWS/GCP equivalent)
– Azure Solutions Architect (or AWS/GCP equivalent)
– Certified Data Management Professional (DAMA)
Query tuning, optimization using non Microsoft technology (please specify)
Report building (on SQL Server) using non Microsoft technology (please specify)
Professional experience with Azure Devops
Professional experience with Azure AKS/Kubernetes
Professional experience with Python, C# or PowerShell
Professional experience with T-SQL query optimization
Professional experience with SAP retail data models
Professional experience with Campaign Management Systems (Salesforce) data models
Professional experience with POS/retail architecture solutions
Knowledge of Data Vault Modelling methodology
Professional experience with Azure administration
Candidate is willing to travel to Greece, Romania, Czech Republic, Serbia.
Master's Degree in ICT
Experience working with Agile (SAFe) methods
Fluent in English
Optional: fluent in other languages: French, Dutch, Greek, Romanian, Serbian
– Target rate: € 800 – € 9000 per day, 8 working hours (all incl, ex VAT)
– Location: Brussels (remote work during Covid, on-site min. 4d/week post Covid).
— Onboarding of the candidate: End of April 2021.early May -No later than week 1.
– Evaluation of cv’s received: Tuesday 20/4
– Shortlist: Wednesday 21/4
– Interviews as of Thursday 22/4Apply now