API, Telecoms and CIoT Architect – Start ASAP – London – Long Term Contract
- Ability to interpret business challenges and technical issues and effectively communicate how a solution will align to their needs and requirements
- Works in close cooperation with Technical and Commercial Product Owners, architects responsible of other V by Vodafone platform capabilities and other Vodafone enabling capabilities to deliver High-Level Design and contributing to shared propositions.
- Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Technical expert contribution to the technology selection process and make or buy decisions in synchronization with Technology standards.
- Lead the architecture and design for the V SIM product and associated SIM capabilities in V by Vodafone ecosystem as aligned with the Product Owners and works on the constant improvement of the designed components. This design includes :
- End to end design
- Backend design
- Infrastructure architecture
- Security design
- Data models and analytics requirements
- Interfaces specification (APIs)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience [max 5]:
- Must have a balanced mix of comprehensive technical and business skills.
- Proven working experience in designing large distributed, secure and scalable architecture solutions.
- Knowledge of Architecture best practices and design patterns. These include :
- Micro-Services (or Self-Contained-Services)
- API definition (rest / soap) and API integration open programmes.
- Proven experience of conducting technical workshops, presenting technical solutions, preparing how-to guides, and technical comparison documents working whilst working ina complex matrix organisations across multiple locations.
- Strong telecommunication experience with deep knowledge of network communication protocols and architectures.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- >= 5 years professional work experience in software/network architecture roles
- Technical degree level (MSc) in Engineering or Computer Science
- Deep knowledge of network communication protocols (2G, 3G, LTE, NB-IOT, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of IoT protocols (MQTT, COAP, LWM2M, etc)
- Deep knowledge of web-based and service based architectures (REST/SOAP)
- Knowledge of authentication technologies/protocols (e.g. X.509, SSO, oAuth2.0, Token management, etc.)
- Knowledge of web security standards
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Experienced in design and development of highly scalable, robust, distributed systems
- Experience in agile development/SCRUM and continuous delivery processes.
Experience in IoT and M2M technologies