High Demand for Java in Munich
Skills that will accelerate your career include:
OOP Object Orientated Programming, MySQL relational database, Git and BitBucket version control, IDE integrated development environment and frontend web technologies such as CSS, JQuery and HTML.
Important Java Technologies
Important technologies employers look for Spring, Spring Boot, Android, Selenium and JPA & Hibernate.
In the app world you will need to know Kotlin for the development of Android applications, which is closely related to Java.
For application testing you will require such tools as TestNg and Junit and application design be familiar with OOP principals like SOLID.
Java and DevOps
Perhaps DevOps would rate at the top of the list for ambitious Java Developers looking for senior roles proficient with Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Chef and Kubernetes.
12 Reasons why it’s worthwhile to work in Munich
- Munich is the most important German innovation hub with strong future segments—in IT and digitalisation with a focus on robotics, IoT and AI, as well as in biotechnology, medical technology, creative economy/media, automotive engineering, and aviation and space travel.
- The Centre for Digitisation.Bavaria (ZD.B) drives digital transformation and offers state-backed activities and private enterprise initiatives. Great job and career opportunities, considering that it was able to attract businesses such as Accenture, Adobe, Google, Hewlett Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon and RedHat to the capital city of Bavaria.
- An average working week has 35 hours (20% less than in the UK)
- Holidays entitlement (9 public holidays a year and 20 days of paid holiday)
- Rental fees cost less than many other European tech hubs (Euro800 and Euro1200 per month for a 2-bed apartment)
- Cost of living is 13.58% lower than London
- It has one of the best public transport systems in the world
- More temperate climate than the UK (lows of -20 degrees in winter, highs of 35 degrees in summer)
- Opportunity to attend tech exhibitions (Semicon Europa, Electronica, etc.)
- The city focuses on an environmentally friendly lifestyle
- Ranked 7th in The Independent’s global list of best countries to raise a child (parents are able to share 14 months of paid leave and a guarantee that their position will remain open to them).
- Lots of opportunities to advance your knowledge and learning (universities, respected research establishments)
Munich typically offers the highest rates of pay for developers across Europe with London coming second. For more information and discuss opportunities contact our Contact our German Java Team or call +49 (0)893 803 7001 today.
Java roles we focus on
- Backend Java developer with focus on web
- Backend Java developer with a focus on Core Java
- Java Hybris Developer (SAP)
- Java developers with functional development experience
- Java developers with focus on Middleware technologies
- Java AEM Developers (Adobe experience manager)
- Solutions Architects
- Technical Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Java Development Managers
- Mobile technologies (Android or OS)
- Spring Boot/microservices
- Amazon Web Services
- Team Leads
- Agile Coaches
- Technical support
- Software Testers
What our clients say
Engaging with Next Ventures, the whole recruitment process from the first contact to the introduction of candidates for an open position was smooth and very fast. I found their proactive and highly consultative approach helpful and very effective. Getting two really good candidates that fitted our job requirement perfectly, within just two weeks and to be able to secure one of them in just 5 days is unbelievable.
We are looking forward to working with Next Ventures in the very near future again and would highly recommend their service.
Kira Schirl COO, trbo GmbH
I engaged Next ventures to leverage their reach within the SAP resource pool to attract and supply both resources that had S4HANA experience or had a real drive to move into a business that was ahead of the curve and was driving the rollout of SAP S/4 to deliver business benefits across the group as part of the long term strategy. Next Ventures provided expert SAP consultants to support the finance and logistics teams across the full life-cycle of the project. I would wholeheartedly recommend their services.
Trevor Barrett, Competence Manager at Nobia
Read Case Study Here
Next Ventures have been supporting my business growth for more than two years when I decided to create my own structure, dedicated to CRM and MKT advisory. Because of their in depth understanding of the Salesforce ecosystem and their strong workload capacity I’ve asked their support during that particular sensible phase. They always deliver a recruitment process for Consultants in a very professional manner.
Benoist BAZZARA, President at Devoteam Customer Effectiveness
Next Ventures has worked with us on an array of consulting roles from both junior to very senior roles, more directly with me for over 2 years. Without hesitation I can say that they have continuously supplied us with an extremely high calibre of candidates that have very often resulted in great hires for the firm which are noted by Partners.
A few of the things that matter to Deloitte are; finding the correct culture fit, managing our brand as a third party and following processes well, which I can wholeheartedly say Next Ventures have done while working with us. All of their consultants are extremely professional while still maintaining a great friendly approach. As a result of the great service I personally have received, I have recommended Next Ventures to other areas of Deloitte and to others in the recruitment space.
They are keen to learn how a business works and take a genuine interest in their candidates’ future, which is a winning combination resulting in happy candidates and happy clients! Next Ventures are a pleasure to work with and I look forward to the ongoing relationship in the future.
Laura O’Callaghan, Deloitte
When I am within our organization, Next Ventures are the first I turn to. We relied on Next Ventures earlier this year to make a critical hire within our business for an ERP Manager. This role was immensely important as the person would be overseeing our whole Dynamics AX implementation. As a family owned business, we take our corporate culture very seriously, and this weighs heavily on our decision making process. Next Ventures was able to understand the unique cultural characteristics of our organization while also identifying a candidate with the technical expertise needed for our highly customized system. Although there are many recruiters and agencies out there, for us, it is imperative that we work with someone who treats our business as if it were their own, and working with Next Ventures is a no brainer.
Stuart Hill, CIO of Dunlap